Monday, September 2, 2013

The morning so far

I saw two wonderful things this morning: cats!

The first one was on my way out to the park, right outside my door. She's a lovely long haired gray with white markings, with a big white nose. Small boned, the kind you could easily knock over. Clearly not a stray, her coat was in really good condition, but hungry for attention. I petted her then went to leave but she made as if to follow me, so I sat down and petted her for a few minutes until she was satisfied and walked a little way away, then I got up and left and she didn't follow me this time.

Then in the park, this one was amazing. There was a guy walking his dog - and his cat! The dog was on a leash and the cat was loose, just following along. She interacted with the dog a bit but mostly trailed behind them. At first I thought, maybe it's just hanging out near them but doesn't belong to them? But then the guy and the dog went over to the stream and he told the cat not to come by name, and the cat stayed on the path and waited for them! I petted him too, he's a big sturdy tabby, really friendly, but he didn't follow me when I left, he waited for his family. So amazing - I've never seen anything like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment